Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two in one

These need a little set up. They were written for my English class. We were given the assignement to write a poem based on what we saw during the movie of the Dead Poet's Society and I had written two. If you have never seen DPS then rent it, It has Robin Williams, The Dad from That '70's Show, and Robert Sean Leonard, who now plays Wilson on House.

Anyways, the first is the actual poem I wrote for the 20 points credit and the second was my extra credit poem and I believe it is the best of the two.



The Lonely Goodbye

Mr. Keating's lonely goodbye
echoed quite softly,
as he sat at Neil's desk
contemplating poems that were
and still are read in darkness.
How could life become such a mess?

He silently cried,
All he meant,
was to teach the kids,
Carpe Diem, Seize the Day,
Fall in love with life,
From his own past he hid.

He stood and thought,
'Sometimes words have no meaning,
Sometimes truth sounds like lies,
Sometimes life is believing
we are not meant to die.'*


Mr. Keating's lonely goodbye
echoed quite softly.

(11.14.05)
*these qoute I had come up with on my own and is not taken from the movie.



Close My Eyes

What do I see when I close my eyes?
I see alot of things... like...
Stars blinking their bright eyes,
like each little flutter-by firefly.
I see music notes floating by,
playing their melody into the sky.
I see a child laying in the grass,
laughing at all the funny clouds that pass.
As the moon glows bright,
I see Alice climb into the looking glass.
I see my brother taking care of me,
fixing my wings so he can set me free.
I hear the excited buzz of a bee,
as he tap dances on my knee.
You probably think these sites are quite silly.
But behind my eyelids any picture can become real,
Because my imagination takes over.
So this I ask you,
What do you see,
everytime you close your eyes,
and drift off to sleep?
(11.15.05)
<3lizz

1 comment: