Friday, October 30, 2009

Invictus

Sorry, I've been out of it for a while... It's been a couple of stressed out weeks.

So, One of my favorite poems. I didn't write it, I don't take credit. It was once recited on One Tree Hill, and is now here for your enjoyment.

Invictus
Out of the darkness that covers me,
Black as pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods that be
for my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced or ceied aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
My head is bloody but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears,
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years,
Finds, and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how straight the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

It is such an empowering poem and I hope that you get the same feel from it. It is means to show that nothing can hurt you mentally. Have a great awe-inspiring day! Also, Happy Halloween!
<3liz

No comments:

Post a Comment